PPU upload rights application for firmware test suite(FWTS)

Robie Basak robie.basak at ubuntu.com
Tue Mar 21 09:42:19 UTC 2023

Hi Ivan Hu,

On Fri, Mar 10, 2023 at 03:13:01PM +0530, Utkarsh Gupta wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 7, 2023 at 1:21 PM ivanhu <ivan.hu at canonical.com> wrote:
> > I am the developer and maintainer of firmware test suite(FWTS)
> > for more than ten years, need to release FWTS every two month.
> >
> > https://wiki.ubuntu.com/FirmwareTestSuite
> >
> > So, I'd like to apply the PPU upload rights for firmware test suite(FWTS).
>
> After assessing Ivan's application, DMB voted in his favor and thus
> granted him the PPU rights for the fwts package (with some suggestions
> and remarks). Congratulations and thanks for all your work! :)

I have added your PPU ACL for fwts now. As agreed in the meeting, this
is subject to the following restriction, which you must follow yourself
(it is done by trust and not automation).

You must not upload packaging changes or SRUs without a public code
review from a core dev first. Once you have a public +1 from a core dev,
you may then sign and upload yourself.

It might be the case that you have no need for SRUs or packaging changes
for a long time, which would be absolutely fine.

If you do need to start doing those, then feel free to come back to the
DMB to ask for the limitation to be removed once you have a track record
of having done some with core dev review. We don't want to obstruct
people doing valuable work - it's just that it's difficult for us to
approve something when there isn't much of a track record.

Thank you for your contributions to Ubuntu!

Robie