Restoration of Developer/Membership

Robie Basak robie.basak at ubuntu.com
Wed Jul 12 15:44:00 UTC 2023

[added the Community Council to Cc]

Hi Dan,

On Wed, Jul 12, 2023 at 11:26:02AM -0400, Daniel Watkins wrote:
> At some point over the past couple of years, I must have missed a Launchpad
> renewal email for the group that was keeping me as an Ubuntu
> developer/member. I believe it was ~ubuntu-cloud-uploaders. Would you be
> able to restore me to membership of this group (or at least some other
> group which will restore my @ubuntu.com address), please?

It looks like your membership of ~ubuntu-cloud-uploaders expired on
2021-09-07.

Under
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/DeveloperMembershipBoard/KnowledgeBase#Accidental_Expiry
that's probably too long for the "relatively soon after expiry"
criteria.

However I don't think it was ever the intention for membership expiry
from one of these teams to result in Ubuntu Membership being revoked. I
wonder if we can ask the CC to make you a member directly, assuming you
had been granted Ubuntu Membership by the DMB previously.

Assuming that it's the @ubuntu.com alias and Ubuntu Membership you want
restored, rather than restoration of upload access, then that would
avoid the question of whether re-adding you to the uploading group would
be appropriate, which would require a DMB vote and possibly have same
expiring membership problem recur.

Robie