Application for universe-contributor

Robie Basak robie.basak at ubuntu.com
Thu Feb 10 13:37:34 UTC 2022

Hi Heinrich,

On Thu, Feb 10, 2022 at 01:13:48PM +0100, Heinrich Schuchardt wrote:
> I created my application to become a universe-contributor at
> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/HeinrichSchuchardt/UbuntuDeveloperApplication.

Thank you for your application!

Could you please clarify if you're applying for "Ubuntu Contributing
Developers" (https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuDevelopers#ContribDev)
or "MOTU" (https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuDevelopers#MOTU)?

By "universe-contributor" I thought you meant MOTU, but Ɓukasz's
endorsement mentions Contributing Developer. Contributing Developer is a
general recognition of contributions and doesn't have specificity to
universe.

I think it would be helpful to clarify now - and maybe adjust your
application page. In case you have further endorsers, this might help
avoid any confusion over exactly what they are endorsing you for.

Thanks,

Robie