Refreshing the packagesets before the release and how?

Jeremy Bicha jeremy.bicha at canonical.com
Fri Apr 8 12:46:05 UTC 2022

I agree. Some of those component moves seem kinda wrong. For instance,
I think webkit2gtk should stay in desktop-core (instead of
ubuntu-desktop) and I think byobu should stay with ubuntu-server
(instead of moving to core).

I never ran the scripts when I was on the DMB a few years ago. Sorry.

Jeremy

On Fri, Apr 8, 2022 at 5:50 AM Sebastien Bacher <seb128 at ubuntu.com> wrote:

> Thanks for reply!
>
> Not using the make target but starting the scripts manually gave some
> better result. I'm attaching the output of proposed changes, I'm unsure
> if it's right and don't understand why a stack of components are moving
> for desktop-core to ubuntu-desktop for example?
>
> I would like to help documenting how that works but I'm away next week
> and with the release coming I don't think I will realistically be able
> to work on that in the next weeks.
>
> Cheers,
> Sebastien
>
> Le 07/04/2022 à 01:09, Dan Streetman a écrit :
> > On Wed, Apr 6, 2022 at 11:18 AM Sebastien Bacher <seb128 at ubuntu.com> wrote:
> >> Hey there,
> >>
> >> I got pinged by some ~ubuntu-desktop members asking why some of the new
> >> GNOME package were missing of the set which made me go and read again
> >> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/DeveloperMembershipBoard/KnowledgeBase#Packagesets
> >> but now I've some questions
> >>
> >> 1. Do we have any record of when the last refresh was done?
> > during the previous DMB 'cycle', rafaeldtinoco 'owned' the packageset
> > tooling, and one of his action items was to document it, but i don't
> > think that happened.
> >
> > so, while I think it would be immensely beneficial, no, I don't think
> > there is any record of when the last packageset refresh was done.
> >
> > Additionally, rafael had an action item to document how the packageset
> > refresh process/tooling worked, but I am pretty sure he resigned
> > before creating that document,
> >
> >> 2. Should we do one before the release to ensure permissions reflect the
> >> reality of the archive?
> > Probably, yes!
> >
> > Maybe we should have some written docs and/or process around this?
> >
> >> 3. I did checkout lp:~developer-membership-board/+git/packageset , read
> >> the README. I don't really feel like I understand the steps from the
> >> description but I decided to give it a try anyway and started by doing
> >>
> >> $ make fetch
> >> make: fetch.sh: No such file or directory
> >> make: *** [Makefile:14: fetch] Error 127
> >>
> >> That's a on current serie ubunu-desktop environment, unsure if I did
> >> something wrong or I'm missing some depends or if the code needs to be
> >> fixed. Could someone who has more experience refreshing the set tell me
> >> if I'm on the right track at least?
> > Sorry, I have no idea. Not sure if rafael is still around to provide
> > help (I think almost certainly, not). I suggest we create some written
> > docs to help with this, though that's up to the DMB team to decide if
> > it's necessary, or if we should continue to keep this as tribal
> > knowledge.
> >
> >> Thanks,
> >> Sebastien
> >>

> >> --