official written documentation for DMB policies/rules/process/etc

Lucas Kanashiro kanashiro at ubuntu.com
Tue Apr 5 12:40:26 UTC 2022

Hi Dan,

Em 04/04/2022 18:05, Dan Streetman escreveu:
> I added this as a AOB discussion item to the agenda, but am also
> starting a ML thread for discussion. The specific line I added to the
> agenda is:
> "No single official source of DMB rules/procedures/policies, and KB
> wiki page is not complete or correct (e.g. this rule has been
> invalided and should never have been approved, apparently)"
>
> I think the best way I can summarize my concern is to ask:
>
> To the new DMB members (who have not served on the DMB before), and
> presuming you have read all the existing DMB documentation[1], do you
> understand/know:
> - what your role in the DMB is?
> - what special abilities the DMB members have?
> - what the process for voting on applicants is?
> - what the process for changing rules is?
> - what rules can be changed by the DMB, and what rules can't?
> - what methods of communication does the DMB use?

After reading the wiki pages which were pointed to us right after the
election, I see some indirect answers to some of the questions you
raised. However, it is not so clear to me the rules to change processes
and what is on us or TB for instance. Some clarification to directly
answer those questions and better defining the scope of the work we do
would be useful IMO.

--
Lucas Kanashiro