Driving things forward

Dan Streetman ddstreet at canonical.com
Fri Oct 22 20:08:38 UTC 2021

On Fri, Oct 22, 2021 at 3:00 PM Robie Basak <robie.basak at ubuntu.com> wrote:

> I just wanted to thank Dan for driving things forward. I appreciate it.
>
> Recently we seem to have had some busy meetings and so some of the
> reform proposals had fallen by the wayside. It's good to be continuing
> to push on them. I agree that we need some reform here to get the DMB
> more effective, and reduce delays for applicants.
>
> With there being a number of concurrent "reform" threads going on at the
> moment, I intend to continue chipping away at them. I have some other
> non-DMB "Ubuntu admin" threads on the go too - not all of them public.
>
> Sorry about my -1 vote. I wish I'd had a chance to discuss that earlier,
> but with the recent applications my DMB time was full. But I appreciate
> that you also had to push forward! Hopefully my answer is constructive
> and if the motion doesn't pass then we will still have something that
> will work.

to be clear, I have absolutely no problem at all with your -1 vote, I
think it's great to have discussion and absolutely appropriate to vote
-1 if you think something should be changed. At the same time, I think
we also both agree it's important to make progress and so as you said,
if it doesn't pass, we still have the opportunity to adjust it and
propose it again, and if it does pass there's also still the
opportunity to propose an additional new change as you suggested.

The most important thing I think is we stay engaged, at least enough
to "keep the ship afloat", and I think we're all working towards that
goal.

Thanks.