William 'jawn-smith' Wilson Core Developer Application

Dan Streetman ddstreet at canonical.com
Wed Nov 17 21:45:39 UTC 2021

On Mon, Nov 15, 2021 at 2:12 PM William Wilson
<william.wilson at canonical.com> wrote:

> I, William 'jawn-smith' Wilson re-apply for core-dev. I have added my application to the agenda for Nov 29, 2021.

for reference, the meeting log from your previous application is here:
https://irclogs.ubuntu.com/2021/09/20/%23ubuntu-meeting.txt

my vote/feedback from the mtg:
[16:35] <ddstreet> -1 most of your technical work seems good to me,
but I'm concerned about SRU work; in particular I'm worried that most
of your experience has been with the devel release, and most SRU work
is with "special" packages that don't follow the normal SRU rules. I
also am concerned that most of your experience, and all your
endorsements, are from fellow team members on the foundations team.
I'd like to see more endorsements from non-foundations
[16:35] <ddstreet> people, and more SRU work, especially difficult SRU work.

I reviewed your recent SRU uploads and while I'd *ideally* like to see
a few more (the speedtest-cli, hplip, and ghostscript SRU patches are
all pretty basic), I feel like it's a good enough example of
understanding of the process and I've seen enough of your more
detailed technical work from the previous application.

I'd still really like to have seen at least one endorsement from a
sponsor who isn't on the Foundations team, but that certainly isn't a
requirement and I won't hold it against you :-)

So, please consider this email my official +1 vote for your application.