libreoffice PPU application

Rafael David Tinoco rafaeldtinoco at ubuntu.com
Fri Mar 19 14:57:15 UTC 2021

To all DMB members:

> I’m not only stating that because of the answer to “how would you deal
> with an upload from someone else” or “what would you do in case something
> was solved differently by you and someone else”. I’m saying that also
> because Rico’s description of the role seemed a lot close to how upstream
> solo projects are driven (with 1 or 2 maintainers defining project’s
> future) and not how we do things (with the nobody is is 100% responsible
> for one thing mindset).
>
> Note: I’m not criticising one way or another, just stating the mindset is
> different.

This concern has been addressed and enlightened at:

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ricotz/PPULibreofficeApplication in ‘Clarification’
session.

> With all that stated, I don’t have a reason to think Rico would _not_ be
> up to the role but, at this point in time, I think clarifying nuances
> between the Ubuntu project/role and Canonical team jobs/roles is
> definitely something that should happen before we re-consider this
> application.

This concern was a misunderstanding based on recent clarifications. I think
that there was a language barrier during the DMB interview for this
specific part, based on recent feedback I got from other DMB members.

> For that reason my vote is also __-1__ for:
>
> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ricotz/PPULibreofficeApplication

Rico has clarified a few misunderstood items of his application as well as
was opened for some community role lecture from other DMB members.

Because of that I am changing my vote from -1 to +1 for his application.

> I hope that Rico becomes closer and closer up to a point he can help us
> in other things as well (MOTU / core), hopefully.

This part still applies!

Thanks for your application Rico and thank you for being patient about our
process as well.

-rafaeldtinoco