Proposed additions to the ubuntu-desktop packageset

Gunnar Hjalmarsson gunnarhj at ubuntu.com
Tue Feb 2 19:34:21 UTC 2021

Hi DMB!

As one of the ubuntu-desktop members who is not also a core dev, I may
be more attentive to the ubuntu-desktop packageset than others. ;)

Anyway, there are a few packages which have either been promoted to main
recently or will soon be. I'm thinking of:

abseil
marisa
opencc

It would be great if those could be added to ubuntu-desktop.

Also, I think the ibus package would fit better in the ubuntu-desktop
packageset than in the desktop core one. Besides Ubuntu desktop only
Ubuntu Budgie (with a GNOME like desktop) ships it by default nowadays.
Even if we are in sync with Debian ATM, you never know when a temporary
delta becomes motivated.

--
Cheers,

Gunnar Hjalmarsson