Ubuntu Flavor teams

Dan Streetman dan.streetman at canonical.com
Fri Mar 27 13:48:26 UTC 2020

[Background]
Ubuntu TB requested that DMB set 6-month expiry policy for all 'flavor teams':
http://ubottu.com/meetingology/logs/ubuntu-meeting-2/2019/ubuntu-meeting-2.2019-06-04-19.04.moin.txt
At the last DMB meeting, I took action item to enumerate the specific
'flavor teams'.

[TL;DR]
The current list of uploader teams/persons for all Ubuntu Flavors is:
kubuntu: https://api.launchpad.net/devel/~kubuntu-dev
lubuntu: https://api.launchpad.net/devel/~lubuntu-dev
ubuntu-budgie: https://api.launchpad.net/devel/~ubuntu-budgie-uploaders
ubuntukylin: https://api.launchpad.net/devel/~ubuntukylin-dev
ubuntu-mate: https://api.launchpad.net/devel/~flexiondotorg
ubuntustudio: https://api.launchpad.net/devel/~rosco2
xubuntu: https://api.launchpad.net/devel/~xubuntu-uploaders
edubuntu: https://api.launchpad.net/devel/~edubuntu-dev
mythbuntu: https://api.launchpad.net/devel/~mythbuntu-dev
ubuntugnome: https://api.launchpad.net/devel/~ubuntu-gnome-dev

In addition to setting the team expiry time, we may want to discuss
creating proper teams for ubuntu-mate and ubuntustudio instead of
having only single developer upload rights to their packagesets.

[Details]
>From the various sources that list Ubuntu Flavors (see Sources section
below) I came up with this list of current flavors:
  kubuntu, lubuntu, ubuntu budgie, ubuntu kylin, ubuntu mate, ubuntu
studio, xubuntu

and old/discontinued flavors:
  edubuntu, gobuntu, kubuntu netbook remix, kubuntu mobile, mythbuntu,
ubuntu gnome

I gathered all packagesets currently in focal (login and lp-shell
prompts removed for readability):
$ lp-shell
u = lp.distributions['ubuntu']
a = u.getArchive(name='primary')
focal = u.getSeries(name_or_version='focal')
for p in lp.packagesets.getBySeries(distroseries=focal):
     print(p.name)
# ...full packageset list elided...
# matching 'flavors' to packagesets (by similarity in name) gives
these packagesets:
packagesetnames = ['kubuntu', 'lubuntu', 'ubuntu-budgie',
'ubuntukylin', 'ubuntu-mate', 'ubuntustudio', 'xubuntu', 'edubuntu',
'mythbuntu', 'ubuntugnome']
# flavors 'gobuntu' and the kubuntu 'netbook' and 'mobile' flavors do
not appear to have packagesets
for pkgname in packagesetnames:
     uploaders =
a.getUploadersForPackageset(packageset=lp.packagesets.getByName(distroseries=focal,
name=pkgname))
     for uploader in uploaders:
        print(f'{pkgname}: {uploader.person_link}')

kubuntu: https://api.launchpad.net/devel/~kubuntu-dev
lubuntu: https://api.launchpad.net/devel/~lubuntu-dev
ubuntu-budgie: https://api.launchpad.net/devel/~ubuntu-budgie-uploaders
ubuntukylin: https://api.launchpad.net/devel/~ubuntukylin-dev
ubuntu-mate: https://api.launchpad.net/devel/~flexiondotorg
ubuntustudio: https://api.launchpad.net/devel/~rosco2
xubuntu: https://api.launchpad.net/devel/~xubuntu-uploaders
edubuntu: https://api.launchpad.net/devel/~edubuntu-dev
mythbuntu: https://api.launchpad.net/devel/~mythbuntu-dev
ubuntugnome: https://api.launchpad.net/devel/~ubuntu-gnome-dev

Also, I should note there are other packagesets, however none of them
appear to be 'flavors' and so are out of scope for this TB request (as
I understand it):
others = []
for p in lp.packagesets.getBySeries(distroseries=focal):
     if p.name not in packagesetnames:
         others.append(p.name)
print(', '.join(others))

bzr, cli-mono, core, desktop-core, desktop-extra, i386-excludes,
i386-whitelist, input-methods, kernel, langpack, mozilla, oif,
openstack, personal-fossfreedom, personal-gunnarhj, qt5, schooltool,
sugar, ubuntu-cloud, ubuntu-desktop, ubuntu-qt-packages,
ubuntu-server, ubuntuone, virt, xorg, zentyal, zope

[Sources/References]
TB request:
  http://ubottu.com/meetingology/logs/ubuntu-meeting-2/2019/ubuntu-meeting-2.2019-06-04-19.04.moin.txt

Sources for flavors:
  https://ubuntu.com/download/flavours
  https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuFlavors
  https://wiki.ubuntu.com/RecognizedFlavors

LP API docs:
  https://launchpad.net/+apidoc/devel.html

The packageset data for focal is also available here:
  https://people.canonical.com/~ubuntu-archive/packagesets/focal/