Please vote by email: Rosco2 and the ubuntustudio packageset

Lukasz Zemczak lukasz.zemczak at canonical.com
Tue Mar 26 14:51:58 UTC 2019

Mathieu, I think we don't need any other votes actually? For a motion
to 'always pass' it needs to have 4 +1's. Right now me, you, Jeremy
and Eric voted +1's, so that's +4. Counting that along with Robie all
remaining members vote -1, the result will still be positive, meaning
the motion will pass. Quoting the knowledgebase document [1]:

"The quorum is 50% + 1. For example, if the DMB has 7 members (as it
does at the time of writing), quorum is 4. This number is the minimum
number of +1 votes that we need for any resolution to pass. Members
are allowed to submit their votes in advance of a meeting, which will
count as if they are present when considering quorum.

(...)

Applications have to reach +1 in order to pass. If the meeting is
quorate and all members present vote in the same way (+1 or -1), then
the application will have passed or failed - the remaining members
cannot overturn the vote. "

That being said, I still think we should consider accepting the
narrowed down packageset as the official packageset. But that's a
separate thing.

[1] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/DeveloperMembershipBoard/KnowledgeBase