Loosing upload rights to some GNOME components

Jeremy Bicha jbicha at ubuntu.com
Mon Mar 12 15:55:09 UTC 2018

Tim, thanks for taking the time to email us. The packagesets were
recently regenerated (for the first time in a while) so there were
definitely changes as things were shifted.

On Sat, Mar 3, 2018 at 6:59 PM, Tim <tim at feathertop.org> wrote:
> We still seed and maintain many of these in the vanilla-gnome-desktop
> however that doesnt generate an upload packageset. In fact I am not sure the
> vanilla-gnome-desktop seed is actually running at all anymore?

There is still an ubuntugnome packageset.

> I am not sure the best way to resolve this? However adding packages ad-hoc
> to desktop-extra, would fix it for now. Any thoughts on what can be done
> here?

We briefly discussed this at today's Developer Membership Board (DMB)
meeting. Here's a proposal:

I think the desktop-extra seed is poorly defined and outdated and
could be replaced by the ubuntu-gnome packageset.

1. Add the GNOME packages you intend to support to the ubuntu-gnome
supported seed. Let the DMB know when this is done.
2. The DMB will then need to run a script to update the ubuntugnome package set.
3. ubuntu-desktop should probably be granted upload permissions for ubuntugnome.
4. The desktop-extra seed can be removed.

By the way, there is some work needed for the vanilla-gnome task. See
https://launchpad.net/bugs/1751546