Loosing upload rights to some GNOME components

Tim tim at feathertop.org
Sat Mar 3 23:59:36 UTC 2018

Hi All,

    In the past between ubuntu-desktop, ubuntu-gnome and desktop-extra I
had very good coverage for upload to rights to most GNOME apps. However
recently I have been noticing I no longer have upload rights to some
GNOME apps as they have dropped off the ubuntu-desktop seed (and more
will get dropped soon as apps get converted to snaps)

Some of the gnome apps I have lost rights to are (there are possibly
more than this):

byobu
gcr
gnome-calculator
gnome-orca
gnome-panel
gnome-screensaver
gnome-system-log
gnome-terminal
gnome-user-share
evolution (although possible I didnt have this one)

Some that will drop off soon as they have been snapped:
gnome-characters
gnome-logs
gnome-system-monitor

We still seed and maintain many of these in the vanilla-gnome-desktop
however that doesnt generate an upload packageset. In fact I am not sure
the vanilla-gnome-desktop seed is actually running at all anymore?

I am not sure the best way to resolve this? However adding packages
ad-hoc to desktop-extra, would fix it for now. Any thoughts on what can
be done here?

Thanks

   Tim (darkxst)