New Kernel Uploaders

Robie Basak robie.basak at ubuntu.com
Wed Feb 7 16:05:39 UTC 2018

[added ubuntu-devel@ to Cc]

On Wed, Feb 07, 2018 at 03:49:48PM +0000, Andy Whitcroft wrote:

[...]

> Next we reviewed the Kernel Upload rights application for Kleber
> Sacilotto de Souza (~kleber-souza)...A vote was held and passed
> unanimously...

> Lastly we reviewed the Kernel Upload rights application for Thadeu Lima
> de Souza Cascardo (~cascardo)...A vote was held and passed
> unanimously...

> The team would like to thank both Kleber and Thadeu for all their hard
> work on Ubuntu and take this opportunity to welcome them to the team.
> Both of you deserve your new rights.

Congratulations to Kleber and Thadeu!

We (the DMB) have been asked by the community council to be more public
about celebrating successful applicants. To help with this, it's been
agreed that we announce successful applicants to ubuntu-devel@ and Cc
the Ubuntu news team on ubuntu-news-team at lists.ubuntu.com, and we've
added this to our process
(https://wiki.ubuntu.com/DeveloperMembershipBoard/KnowledgeBase). I
wonder if, in the same spirit, we should ask all teams that directly
approve uploaders to do the same?

Robie