New Kernel Uploaders

Andy Whitcroft apw at canonical.com
Wed Feb 7 15:49:48 UTC 2018

Today, the Kernel Uploaders Team[1] had an ad-hoc meeting with the
following members in attendence:

  Andy Whitcroft (apw) [chair]
  Leann Ogasawara (leann-ogasawara)
  Brad Figg (brad-figg)
  Kamal Mostafa (kamalmostafa)
  Stefan Bader (smb)
  Seth Forshee (sforshee)

The first order of business was to review the Kernel Upload Rights
process[2].  This currently requires applications to be handed via the
existing kernel-team weekly IRC meeting.  This meeting has been replaced
by a weekly status update email and as such cannot any longer form part
of the process.  We agreed to update the process to say "Adhoc meetings
as required" and Andy Whitcroft was tasked with performing the update.

Next we reviewed the Kernel Upload rights application for Kleber
Sacilotto de Souza (~kleber-souza)[3].  Kleber has been working in the
kernel team for the best part of a year and has been fundamental to
our Meltdown/Spectre response.  His application was warmly received by
the team.  A vote was held and passed unanimously:

  Andy Whitcroft 	+1
  Leann Ogasawara	+1
  Brad Figg		+1
  Kamal Mostafa		+1
  Stefan Bader		+1
  Seth Forshee		+1

Lastly we reviewed the Kernel Upload rights application for Thadeu Lima
de Souza Cascardo (~cascardo)[4].  Thadeu has been working in the kernel
team for over a year, and has been a long term member of the Stable Kernel
Team driving fixes into the stable series.  He has also been working to
improve the overall internal SRU process.  Again his application was
warmly recieved by the team.  A vote was held and passed unanimously:

  Andy Whitcroft 	+1
  Leann Ogasawara	+1
  Brad Figg		+1
  Kamal Mostafa		+1
  Stefan Bader		+1
  Seth Forshee		+1

The team would like to thank both Kleber and Thadeu for all their hard
work on Ubuntu and take this opportunity to welcome them to the team.
Both of you deserve your new rights.

Andy Whitcroft was tasked with adding both applicants to the team.

Congratulations!

-apw (On Behalf of the Kernel Uploaders Team)

[1] https://launchpad.net/~ubuntu-kernel-uploaders
[2] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Kernel/Dev/UploadRights
[3] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/KleberSouza/KernelUploadsApplication
[4] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ThadeuCascardo/LinuxUploadApplication