reapplying for SRU developer

Brian Murray brian at canonical.com
Tue Oct 10 17:17:17 UTC 2017

On Sat, Oct 07, 2017 at 01:17:02PM -0400, Dan Streetman wrote:
> [...]
>
> unless the emails drag on for 2 weeks, email will be fine with me.  I
> suspect it won't drag on since i've already been through the
> application process, and you likely already have your mind made up
> currently, but I guess we'll see.
>

> >> As I've already applied before, does anyone have any new questions for
> >> me?
> >
> > Could you talk about what has changed, what work you've done since your
> > last application? I think this would be helpful regardless of whether we
> > process your application via email or IRC.
>
> Here's the reasoning for my previous rejection:
>
> [19:34] <bdmurray> -1 I'd like to see more involvement in the SRU
> process before granting you upload rights.
> [19:34] <meetingology> -1 I'd like to see more involvement in the SRU
> process before granting you upload rights. received from bdmurray
> [19:34] <micahg> +0 , while the quality of work is good so far, it's a
> bit sporadic, also, I applaud your desire to sponsor uploads, but I
> don't feel that in and of itself is a reason to grant upload rights, I
> look forward to seeing you back soon with more SRUs completed when we
> can hopefully grant you SRU upload permissions
> [19:34] <meetingology> +0 , while the quality of work is good so far,
> it's a bit sporadic, also, I applaud your desire to sponsor uploads,
> but I don't feel that in and of itself is a reason to grant upload
> rights, I look forward to seeing you back soon with more SRUs
> completed when we can hopefully grant you SRU upload permissions
> received from micahg
> [19:34] <bdmurray> Perhaps one way to do that is looking at some
> things in the SRU queue and then getting an SRU team member
> endorsement.
> [19:36] <sil2100> +0, all good skill-wise but I also think it's a bit
> too soon, certainly a passing vote after a short while of more uploads
> + endorsements
> [19:36] <meetingology> +0, all good skill-wise but I also think it's a
> bit too soon, certainly a passing vote after a short while of more
> uploads + endorsements received from sil2100
> [19:36] <ddstreet> bdmurray micahg sil2100 sounds good, i'm happy to
> reapply after adding some more sponsored sru uploads...you guys don't
> mind me bugging you to sponsor my uploads right? ;-)
> [19:37] <sil2100> ddstreet: not at all! It would be a pleasure - I'd
> say keep up on uploading through sponsors and we'd gladly review you
> again in a month or so
>

> so you all wanted to see more 'quantity' from me.  These are the SRUs
> I've added since then:
>
> 2017-09-19 15:03Brian MurrayDan Streetmaninitramfs-tools0.103ubuntu4.8trusty
> 2017-09-20 13:30ChristianEhrhardtDan Streetmanvlan1.9-3.2ubuntu2.17.04.3zesty
> 2017-09-20 13:30ChristianEhrhardtDan Streetmanvlan1.9-3.2ubuntu1.16.04.4xenial
> 2017-09-20 13:30ChristianEhrhardtDan Streetmanvlan1.9-3ubuntu10.5trusty
> 2017-09-20 13:30ChristianEhrhardtDan Streetmanvlan1.9-3.2ubuntu5artful

I consider the vlan uploads as one SRU because it is the same change
being uploaded to different releases and the same bug(s) being fixed
with all of the uploads.

> as well as being present in the Ubuntu Server IRC meeting to provide
> SRU status from the STS team (covering for Eric while he was out), and
> pestering several of you to help with some of our team's SRUs that
> needed reviewing/sponsoring; I also have another initramfs SRU that's
> waiting for the last SRU before I can submit it, and a few others
> coming as well.
>
> If that is enough for you, great, but if this is not enough 'quantity'
> for your approval, and since the 'significant and sustained'
> contributions is obviously completely subjective, what quantity of
> SRUs would you like to see before I reapply again?

I don't have a great answer for this but don't feel like the two you've
provided is enough yet. You say that you have a "few others coming as
well" if those are in fact separate SRUs then I think we'd be in a good
spot to review your application after that.

--
Brian Murray