Please include ltsp, ltspfs and ldm to the edubuntu packageset

Robie Basak robie.basak at ubuntu.com
Fri Jun 3 14:31:35 UTC 2016

Stéphane,

Could you help with this please?

On Mon, May 30, 2016 at 07:42:52PM +0300, Alkis Georgopoulos wrote:
> Hi, LTSP was previously in main but it's been demoted to universe and noone
> ships it anymore except for edubuntu.
>
> Is it possible to include it to the edubuntu packageset so that I indirectly
> get upload rights for it?
>
> Related source packages: ltsp, ltspfs, ldm
>
> (stgraber had previously put it there and I managed to upload ltsp for
> xenial, but it's possible that the packageset update script has an issue and
> it overwrote his changes)

I did some research. It looks like these packages are only seeded in
edubuntu/dvd, but it's excluded in packageset-report because "This would
cause ubuntu-netbook to be sucked into Edubuntu, which has complicated
effects."

I presume there are no reasons to not put ltsp etc into the edubuntu
packageset because that's where it would be by the automatic generation
rules anyway if it weren't for that disablement? And if so, then should
I add an exception, or can we add edubuntu/dvd to the list now that
ubuntu-netboot isn't (I presume) relevant any more? But if I add
edubuntu/dvd to the list, I see many other changes too.

And a more general question. Rerunning the packageset scripts now gives
me the following. Does this seem reasonable to push? For example
pollinate seems a bit odd being in edubuntu - should I override that to
ubuntu-server or something instead?

Would remove sources from core:
boost1.58
gccgo-6
libpng
mountall

Would add sources to core:
boost1.60
btrfs-progs
gcc-6
keyrings.alt
libpng1.6

Would remove sources from desktop-core:
libvpx

Would add sources to desktop-core:
librsvg

Would remove sources from edubuntu:
libunique3
mathjax

Would add sources to edubuntu:
dns-root-data
dnsmasq
libnetfilter-conntrack
pollinate

Would remove sources from kubuntu:
dns-root-data
dnsmasq
ffmpegthumbs
freeglut
gmime
gst-plugins-base0.10
gst-plugins-good0.10
gstreamer0.10
kqoauth
libgsf
libnetfilter-conntrack
libquvi
libquvi-scripts
librsvg
telepathy-qt5
totem-pl-parser
vdpau-video

Would add sources to kubuntu:
chromaprint
click
gf-complete
golang-check.v1
golang-github-pborman-uuid
golang-golang-x-net-dev
golang-pty
hwloc
jack-audio-connection-kit
libbonoboui
libibverbs
liboauth
libvpx
mathjax
pocl
python-django-appconf
python-oslo.config
python-oslo.db
python-oslo.log
python-oslo.policy
python-oslo.serialization
python-oslo.utils
python-oslo.versionedobjects
rtaudio
rubberband
schroot
ust

Would remove sources from lubuntu:
abiword
alsamixergui
blueman
fltk1.1
galculator
gnome-icon-theme-symbolic
gnome-mplayer
gnome-system-tools
gnumeric
gpicview
guvcview
hardinfo
indicator-application-gtk2
jack-audio-connection-kit
leafpad
libbinio
libburn
libcairo-perl
libcompface
libept
libglib-perl
libgtk2-perl
libisofs
libonig
liboobs
libpango-perl
libsdl2
light-locker
light-locker-settings
lightdm-gtk-greeter
lightdm-gtk-greeter-settings
linux-wlan-ng
lubuntu-software-center
lxappearance
lxappearance-obconf
lxinput
lxlauncher
lxpanel
mtpaint
ots
sylpheed
sylpheed-doc
synaptic
system-tools-backends
xfburn
xfce4-notifyd
xfce4-power-manager
xpad

Would add sources to lubuntu:
compton
libconfig
libgsf
libjpeg9
mpv
openbox
youtube-dl

Would remove sources from mythbuntu:
chromaprint
mjpegtools
transcode

Would add sources to mythbuntu:
libb-hooks-endofscope-perl
libnamespace-autoclean-perl
libnamespace-clean-perl
libsub-exporter-progressive-perl
libsub-identify-perl
libvariable-magic-perl
sndio

Would remove sources from ubuntu-desktop:
alembic
alien
billiard
cloop
dns-root-data
dnsmasq
hunspell-ru
hunspell-sv
libjpeg6b
liblinear
libnetfilter-conntrack
libpod-plainer-perl
librsvg
myspell-ku
mythes-it
mythes-sv
nose
pax
python-changelog
python-dogpile.core
python-kajiki
python-memcache
python-redis
python-rednose
python-sure
python-termstyle
python-tornado
rpm
sphinx-paramlinks

Would add sources to ubuntu-desktop:
gcc-6-cross
gf-complete
golang-check.v1
golang-github-pborman-uuid
golang-golang-x-net-dev
golang-pty
hwloc
jack-audio-connection-kit
libertine
libibverbs
liburcu
libvpx
mountall
pocl
python-django-appconf
python-oslo.config
python-oslo.db
python-oslo.log
python-oslo.policy
python-oslo.serialization
python-oslo.utils
python-oslo.versionedobjects
ubuntu-app-launch
ust

Would remove sources from ubuntu-server:
alien
dnspython3
libfile-desktopentry-perl
libfile-mimeinfo-perl