Please include ltsp, ltspfs and ldm to the edubuntu packageset

Stéphane Graber stgraber at ubuntu.com
Fri Jun 3 15:19:40 UTC 2016

On Fri, Jun 03, 2016 at 03:31:35PM +0100, Robie Basak wrote:
> Stéphane,
>
> Could you help with this please?

Commented in the changes below.

I've never used the packageset update script myself before so I'm not
sure exactly how it behaves. I think Iain Lane is the one with the most
experience when it comes to that script.

> On Mon, May 30, 2016 at 07:42:52PM +0300, Alkis Georgopoulos wrote:
> > Hi, LTSP was previously in main but it's been demoted to universe and noone
> > ships it anymore except for edubuntu.
> >
> > Is it possible to include it to the edubuntu packageset so that I indirectly
> > get upload rights for it?
> >
> > Related source packages: ltsp, ltspfs, ldm
> >
> > (stgraber had previously put it there and I managed to upload ltsp for
> > xenial, but it's possible that the packageset update script has an issue and
> > it overwrote his changes)
>
> I did some research. It looks like these packages are only seeded in
> edubuntu/dvd, but it's excluded in packageset-report because "This would
> cause ubuntu-netbook to be sucked into Edubuntu, which has complicated
> effects."
>
> I presume there are no reasons to not put ltsp etc into the edubuntu
> packageset because that's where it would be by the automatic generation
> rules anyway if it weren't for that disablement? And if so, then should
> I add an exception, or can we add edubuntu/dvd to the list now that
> ubuntu-netboot isn't (I presume) relevant any more? But if I add
> edubuntu/dvd to the list, I see many other changes too.
>
> And a more general question. Rerunning the packageset scripts now gives
> me the following. Does this seem reasonable to push? For example
> pollinate seems a bit odd being in edubuntu - should I override that to
> ubuntu-server or something instead?
>
> Would remove sources from core:
> boost1.58
> gccgo-6
> libpng
> mountall
>
> Would add sources to core:
> boost1.60
> btrfs-progs
> gcc-6
> keyrings.alt
> libpng1.6
>
> Would remove sources from desktop-core:
> libvpx
>
> Would add sources to desktop-core:
> librsvg
>
> Would remove sources from edubuntu:
> libunique3
> mathjax
>
> Would add sources to edubuntu:
> dns-root-data
> dnsmasq
> libnetfilter-conntrack
> pollinate

All of those look wrong to me ^
They're all server bits.

> Would remove sources from kubuntu:
> dns-root-data
> dnsmasq

Apparently the used to be in kubuntu???

> ffmpegthumbs
> freeglut
> gmime
> gst-plugins-base0.10
> gst-plugins-good0.10
> gstreamer0.10
> kqoauth
> libgsf
> libnetfilter-conntrack

And there too...

> libquvi
> libquvi-scripts
> librsvg
> telepathy-qt5
> totem-pl-parser
> vdpau-video
>
> Would add sources to kubuntu:
> chromaprint
> click

^ That's got nothing to do in kubuntu...

> gf-complete
> golang-check.v1
> golang-github-pborman-uuid
> golang-golang-x-net-dev
> golang-pty

^ Not sure why those bits end up in kubuntu when they're used by
packages that are in main and used in other products (lxd, juju).

> hwloc
> jack-audio-connection-kit
> libbonoboui
> libibverbs
> liboauth
> libvpx
> mathjax
> pocl

> python-django-appconf
> python-oslo.config
> python-oslo.db
> python-oslo.log
> python-oslo.policy
> python-oslo.serialization
> python-oslo.utils
> python-oslo.versionedobjects

^ What are the openstack libraries doing in kubuntu?

> rtaudio
> rubberband

> schroot
> ust

^ Those two also really don't have anything to do with kubuntu...

> Would remove sources from lubuntu:
> abiword

^ That's clearly still seeded by them.

> alsamixergui
> blueman
> fltk1.1
> galculator
> gnome-icon-theme-symbolic
> gnome-mplayer
> gnome-system-tools
> gnumeric
> gpicview
> guvcview
> hardinfo
> indicator-application-gtk2
> jack-audio-connection-kit
> leafpad
> libbinio
> libburn
> libcairo-perl
> libcompface
> libept
> libglib-perl
> libgtk2-perl
> libisofs
> libonig
> liboobs
> libpango-perl
> libsdl2
> light-locker
> light-locker-settings
> lightdm-gtk-greeter
> lightdm-gtk-greeter-settings
> linux-wlan-ng

> lubuntu-software-center
> lxappearance
> lxappearance-obconf
> lxinput
> lxlauncher
> lxpanel

^ Looks like they're loosing a good chunk of their desktop environment here...

> mtpaint
> ots
> sylpheed
> sylpheed-doc
> synaptic
> system-tools-backends
> xfburn
> xfce4-notifyd
> xfce4-power-manager
> xpad
>
> Would add sources to lubuntu:
> compton
> libconfig
> libgsf
> libjpeg9
> mpv
> openbox
> youtube-dl
>
> Would remove sources from mythbuntu:
> chromaprint
> mjpegtools
> transcode
>
> Would add sources to mythbuntu:
> libb-hooks-endofscope-perl
> libnamespace-autoclean-perl
> libnamespace-clean-perl
> libsub-exporter-progressive-perl
> libsub-identify-perl
> libvariable-magic-perl
> sndio
>
> Would remove sources from ubuntu-desktop:
> alembic
> alien
> billiard
> cloop
> dns-root-data
> dnsmasq
> hunspell-ru
> hunspell-sv
> libjpeg6b
> liblinear
> libnetfilter-conntrack
> libpod-plainer-perl
> librsvg
> myspell-ku
> mythes-it
> mythes-sv
> nose
> pax
> python-changelog
> python-dogpile.core
> python-kajiki
> python-memcache
> python-redis
> python-rednose
> python-sure
> python-termstyle
> python-tornado
> rpm
> sphinx-paramlinks
>
> Would add sources to ubuntu-desktop:
> gcc-6-cross

^ What's a cross-compiler doing in -desktop?

> gf-complete
> golang-check.v1
> golang-github-pborman-uuid
> golang-golang-x-net-dev
> golang-pty

^ Looks odd to me

> hwloc
> jack-audio-connection-kit
> libertine
> libibverbs
> liburcu
> libvpx
> mountall
> pocl
> python-django-appconf
> python-oslo.config
> python-oslo.db
> python-oslo.log
> python-oslo.policy
> python-oslo.serialization
> python-oslo.utils
> python-oslo.versionedobjects

^ Again with the openstack stuff...

> ubuntu-app-launch
> ust
>
> Would remove sources from ubuntu-server:
> alien
> dnspython3
> libfile-desktopentry-perl
> libfile-mimeinfo-perl
> libglu
> libjpeg6b
> libmng
> libnet-dbus-perl
> libpod-plainer-perl
> libtie-ixhash-perl
> libvpx
> libx11-protocol-perl
> libxml-parser-perl
> libxml-twig-perl
> libxml-xpathengine-perl
> libxv
> libxxf86dga
> nas
> pangox-compat
> qt-at-spi
> qtchooser
> rpm

> wayland
> x11-utils
> x11-xserver-utils
> xdg-utils
> xft

^ Well, good to see them go from here, but what were they doing in server? :)

--
Stéphane Graber
Ubuntu developer