Request for PPU to Firefox and Membership on Ubuntu Mozilla Daily Build Team and Mozilla Team

Stéphane Graber stgraber at ubuntu.com
Tue Jan 20 20:38:28 UTC 2015

If the team owned the package in the archive (as in, the team had PPU),
sure because the team would be owned by the DMB in this case.

But in the case of those two teams, all they own are PPAs and since PPAs
are a Launchpad feature completely separate from the Ubuntu archive, we
have no control over that.

I'd recommend you try to take this up directly with the owner and
administrators of those two teams and if they've indeed been
unresponsive for a long period of time, maybe remind them of the
"stepping down gracefully" part of the Ubuntu CoC which they signed.

In the even that you get no response whatsoever, then, the right
escalation body would I think be the CC which because those teams are
called ~ubuntu-* should be able to get a Launchpad administrator
to change their ownership to someone who's actually around.

But seeing how I see a few team administrators in both teams who I know
for a fact are still around and active (though not necessarily with
firefox), I very much doubt you'd have to resort to an escalation
through the CC.

--
Stéphane Graber
Ubuntu developer