Request for PPU to Firefox and Membership on Ubuntu Mozilla Daily Build Team and Mozilla Team

Dimitri John Ledkov xnox at ubuntu.com
Tue Jan 20 20:32:48 UTC 2015

Heya,

On 20 January 2015 at 20:23, Benjamin Kerensa <bkerensa at gmail.com> wrote:
> So there is no process when a team that owns a package is abandoned entirely
> and none of its members are responsive?

Your assertion is false.

The Firefox & Thunderbird packages in the Ubuntu Archive are up to
date (in _all_ releases, which is not the usual state of affairs in
Ubuntu) and uploaders of those packages in the Ubuntu Archive are
responsive as far as I can tell.

Random cruft elsewhere on launchpad is another matter, however
official or unofficial it sounds.

Given that Firefox/Thunderbird latest stable releases are available to
all Ubuntu users by default, I doubt that there is any need or desire
for daily PPAs.

If you wish to provide one, it's easier to create a new team / ppa
with daily builds and advertise it. People who are after bleeding
edge, switch fast.

Regards,

Dimitri.

Regards,