PPU / packageset applications and membership

Iain Lane laney at ubuntu.com
Tue Aug 4 09:18:52 UTC 2015

On Tue, Aug 04, 2015 at 09:56:44AM +0100, Dave Walker wrote:
> […]
> So to turn the question on it's head, why would someone with upload
> access /not/ be allowed to be a member of ~ubuntu-dev and therefore
> ~ubuntumembers?

There was an applicant at the time that we felt warranted the change (it
didn't come out of the blue). I am not attempting to change the policy
we established back then, just to correct our understanding of it.

And indeed if the DMB concurs with me then we get to basically ignore it
(it's proved to be exceedingly rare) but have it remain in our back
pocket just in case.

--
Iain Lane                                  [ iain at orangesquash.org.uk ]
Debian Developer                                   [ laney at debian.org ]