upload rights for my Debian packages

Iain Lane laney at ubuntu.com
Tue Dec 31 13:48:09 UTC 2013

Hi there,

On Wed, Oct 16, 2013 at 12:54:43PM +0100, Iain Lane wrote:
> […]
> We thought it might be easier to handle your application via email if
> you'd prefer. It's asynchronous, so will take longer, but you might find
> it more convenient.
>
> What do you think?

I didn't see a reply to this, but your application now has testimonials
on it, so I'm taking that as a sign that you're interested in this
route.

We'll ask you a few questions over email and then once satisfied there
will be a vote. You'll need 4 +1s to pass (the same as on IRC).

I've got a couple of questions to check your knowledge of Ubuntu's
freezes.

  - What are the main freezes during a development cycle?
  - How can you find their dates?
  - How do they affect what you can upload?

One of the 'areas of improvement' on your application talks about test
building packages. When you request or perform uploads explicitly (e.g.
when asking for a sync after Debian Import Freeze), how do you check the
package is suitable for Ubuntu?

Cheers,

--
Iain Lane                                  [ iain at orangesquash.org.uk ]