upload rights for my Debian packages

Daniel Pocock daniel at pocock.com.au
Fri Aug 9 17:56:10 UTC 2013

On 05/08/13 22:33, Dmitrijs Ledkovs wrote:
> On 5 August 2013 19:11, Daniel Pocock <daniel at pocock.com.au> wrote:
>>

>> On 05/06/13 01:21, Benjamin Drung wrote:
>>> Hi Daniel,

>>> Thanks for caring for your Debian package on Ubuntu. We welcome all
>>> Debian Developers in Ubuntu.
>>>
>>> You have to apply to the Developer Membership Board (DMB) following the
>>> limited "dynamic" Per-Package Upload rights process [1]. Once the PPU is
>>> granted, you can update the package list by just mailing us (without
>>> attending another meeting).
>>>
>>> I found no manually synchronized package on your Launchpad page [2]. We
>>> expect that applying DDs have sufficient knowledge of Ubuntu and know
>>> the relevant differences between Ubuntu and Debian. Have you previous
>>> experience (syncs, merges, bug fix uploads, or stable release updates)
>>> with Ubuntu? If not, I advise you to go through the sponsoring queue [3]
>>> for your Ubuntu work for now. Sync requests (requestsync from
>>> ubuntu-dev-tools is your friend) are usually processed very quickly. You
>>> will then find sponsors that will endorse your PPU application.
>>

>> Can I use this method to sync a package that is in the Debian 'NEW'
>> queue?  I have two packages that are stuck in NEW waiting for ftp-master
>> approval and requestsync gives this error for them:
>>
>> E: 'netxx' doesn't appear to exist in Debian 'sid'
>>
>> E: 'cajun' doesn't appear to exist in Debian 'sid'
>>

> No, one cannot use this method to sync from debian new queue.
> requestsync / syncpackage tools only work against debian mirror in
> launchpad, thus a package needs to be available at:
>
> http://launchpad.net/debian/+source/$srcpackage
>
> to be available for sync. This is usually within hours the package is
> available from the debian uk mirror.
>
> Please note uploading directly into ubuntu, will also result in NEW
> queue processing, with processing times often longer than debian NEW
> processing as there is even less people available for reviews (in
> particular for packages that should go into debian first). Generally
> packages should clear debian's new queue and only then get synced into
> ubuntu.

Thanks for this feedback

I have another much more prominent package in Debian's NEW queue now,
OpenMAMA.  This is the real-time messaging API from NYSE, now under the
Linux Foundation:

   http://www.openmama.org

The Debian source package is available here in git:

   http://git.debian.org/?p=collab-maint/openmama.git;a=summary

This would be a particularly worthy inclusion for Ubuntu