Per-package upload application

Natalia Bidart natalia.bidart at canonical.com
Wed Jan 25 12:33:24 UTC 2012

On 01/24/2012 06:59 PM, Micah Gersten wrote:
> On 01/24/2012 02:22 PM, Natalia Bidart wrote:
>> Hello everyone!
>>
>> I'd like to apply for per-package upload rights.
>>
>> The link to my application is:
>> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/NataliaBidart/PerPackageUploadApplication
>>

> We look forward to reviewing your application.  However, I'd like to
> request that the Ubuntu One specific packages be requested as a
> packageset, since we will have multiple people wanting upload rights for
> those.  Could you please prepare a list of those packages and criteria
> for which new packages should be added to the packageset?

Sure! As you can see here https://launchpad.net/ubuntuone, we have a
lots of projects related to Ubuntu One. Below, the list of packages in
Ubuntu that I consider are suitable to be a packageset (in alphabetical
order):

dirspec
libubuntuone
rhythmbox-ubuntuone
ubuntu-sso-client
ubuntuone-client
ubuntuone-client-gnome
ubuntuone-control-panel
ubuntuone-dev-tools
ubuntuone-installer
ubuntuone-storage-protocol

The criteria I used to choose those projects was:

  * is part of the Ubuntu One project
  * has a package in Ubuntu
  * is maintained by the Ubuntu One desktop+ team
  * is currently being used/updated

I also know that Rodney Dawes is working in this, so I'm copying him in
this email since I'm not sure if he's subscribed to this list.

> In addition, we can only grant upload rights to packages in the Ubuntu
> archive, ubuntuone-windows-installer and pycasa appear to not exist in
> the archive.

Yes, makes perfect sense, I just listed the packages I make tarball
releases and forgot to check those that I also make the ubuntu packaging.

Thanks!
Natalia.