PPU application (usb-modeswitch) for Mathieu Trudel

Mathieu Trudel-Lapierre mathieu-tl at ubuntu.com
Mon Sep 12 18:07:33 UTC 2011

On Mon, Sep 12, 2011 at 7:25 AM, Iain Lane <laney at ubuntu.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> On Wed, Aug 24, 2011 at 12:16:35PM -0400, Mathieu Trudel-Lapierre wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I'd like to apply to get PPU permissions for the usb-modeswitch and
>> usb-modeswitch-data packages.
>>
>> My application page is here: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Mtrudel/PPU-usbmodeswitch
>>
>> I've added my name to the Agenda for next meeting (Aug 29?), sorry for
>> the short notice.
>
> As I've just told the DMB, I've been messed around and won't be able to
> make the meeting tonight to talk to you in real-time about the
> application. So I'm sending my comments to you by email (the DMB need
> not consider me for quorum and can proceed regardless).
>
> You've not given any endorsers for your application as you're asked to
> do on [0]. If you could arrange for this to happen before the meeting it
> would help.

Indeed, this is mostly just due to lack of time. I'll get this sorted
in time for the next meeting, so that maybe you can attend too.

> Have you proposed your C rewrite upstream? It seems beneficial to
> everyone to drop a TCL dependency. Indeed, it seems as if Didier is
> interested in the Ubuntu side as well — are you going to work with him
> on the package in Debian?

I has been proposed upstream and to Didier; both appear interested.
There is already an experimental branch for Debian with the changes
(and it needs a few small fixes), and Josua (upstream maintainer) has
so far been doing testing on his end, AFAIK.

> The packages have outstanding bugs that could do with being prodded
> along.

Yup, will do.

So, as above, please postpone my application until the next meeting,
which IIUC should be September 26.

Thanks, and regards,

Mathieu Trudel-Lapierre <mathieu-tl at ubuntu.com>
Freenode: cyphermox, Jabber: mathieu.tl at gmail.com
4096R/EE018C93 1967 8F7D 03A1 8F38 732E  FF82 C126 33E1 EE01 8C93