PPU application (usb-modeswitch) for Mathieu Trudel

Iain Lane laney at ubuntu.com
Mon Sep 12 11:25:54 UTC 2011

Hello,

On Wed, Aug 24, 2011 at 12:16:35PM -0400, Mathieu Trudel-Lapierre wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'd like to apply to get PPU permissions for the usb-modeswitch and
> usb-modeswitch-data packages.
>
> My application page is here: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Mtrudel/PPU-usbmodeswitch
>
> I've added my name to the Agenda for next meeting (Aug 29?), sorry for
> the short notice.

As I've just told the DMB, I've been messed around and won't be able to
make the meeting tonight to talk to you in real-time about the
application. So I'm sending my comments to you by email (the DMB need
not consider me for quorum and can proceed regardless).

You've not given any endorsers for your application as you're asked to
do on [0]. If you could arrange for this to happen before the meeting it
would help.

Have you proposed your C rewrite upstream? It seems beneficial to
everyone to drop a TCL dependency. Indeed, it seems as if Didier is
interested in the Ubuntu side as well — are you going to work with him
on the package in Debian?

The packages have outstanding bugs that could do with being prodded
along.

As you may guess, I'm not ready to vote on your application yet. You can
answer my questions either in reply or in the meeting. The most
important oustanding issue IMHO is getting your previous sponsors to
attest that you are ready for unsupervised upload access to these
packages.

I'll review the meeting log and vote as soon as possible.

Cheers,

--
Iain Lane                                  [ iain at orangesquash.org.uk ]
Debian Developer                                   [ laney at debian.org ]