Processing your MOTU application via email

Sylvestre Ledru sylvestre at debian.org
Thu Apr 14 13:29:06 UTC 2011

Le jeudi 14 avril 2011 à 14:07 +0100, Iain Lane a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> The DMB has had problems achieving quorum in the past few weeks. This
> has resulted in a backlog of applications to be heard.
>
> Given that, we'd like to invite you to have your application processed
> by email. We'll have a 'questioning' period for at most 1 week, and
> then voting for 2-3 days thereafter.
>
> If you'd rather be processed on IRC, let us know.
Thanks!
I don't mind doing it by emails.

> I've got an initial question.
>
>     - There appears to be an expression of concern on your application
>       page. Can you please address the points raised there?
I wasn't aware that I had to rename the release 0ubuntu1 instead of
1ubuntu1 when I was uploading the package at the same time as the Debian
one.
I was uploading the package
xxx with version X.X-1 into Debian and X.X-1ubuntu1 while I should have
used X.X-0ubuntu1

> What are the major stages in our release cycle?
Planning, Merge from Debian, Dev of Features, various Freezes,
Finalization.

Sylvestre