[Bug 40480] Re: Flags on "Language Support" and "Find Local Support" should be removed
duncan at lithgow-schmidt.dk
Sat Apr 22 11:00:49 UTC 2006
These ideas from the ubuntu-users list:
* The System > Help > Localised help should definately be something else, maybe a world globe or a face-to-face?
* For System > Administration > Language Support maybe a collage of a Latin/ Asian and Cyrillic cipher?
* Superposition of characters of different languages;
* the use of a "United Nations" flag (while some people would have problems with that, I did say it's far better than a COUNTRY_1/COUNTRY_2 duo).
Complicated custom solutions:
* locale dependent icon set, if at installation you say you are at
country X, then display the flag of X and the flag of any neighboring
** US? -> US/Canada or US/Mexico
** Brazil? -> Brazil/Argentina
Flags on "Language Support" and "Find Local Support" should be removed
More information about the desktop-bugs