Breezy 2019 summer sprint report

Jelmer Vernooij jelmer at jelmer.uk
Mon Aug 26 19:02:13 UTC 2019

On Mon, Aug 26, 2019 at 03:26:00PM +0100, Sam Bull wrote:
> brz diff is not coloured. From the documentation, it sounds like brz is just
> calling an external diff program. But, I can't see a config option to change the
> program used for the diff (e.g. to colordiff). Is there a setting that I've
> missed?
Can you file a wishlist request about this? bzrtools used to provide
this feature in Bazaar land, but we haven't yet ported it to Breezy.

As a workaround, Flavio's suggestion of using /usr/bin/colordiff
should work in the meantime.

> brz rmbranch doesn't seem to work. It always complains that the branch is
> "active". I haven't any clue what an active branch is. But, even when I use
> --force, the command appears to run successfully (no output), but nothing
> happens. The branch is not removed and the directory is still there, unchanged.
It only removes the branch, not the entire control directory.

You can see the effects of this in the output of "bzr branches".
Control directories can be removed with standard tools - e.g. "rm -rf"
:-)

Perhaps we should make this clearer, though I'm not sure what the best
way is to do that. Suggetions?

Jelmer

--
Jelmer Vernooij <jelmer at jelmer.uk>