Breezy 2019 summer sprint report

Flavio Barbara f.barbara at ifac.cnr.it
Mon Aug 26 18:19:56 UTC 2019

Il giorno Mon, 26 Aug 2019 15:26:00 +0100
Sam Bull <bazaar at sambull.org> ha scritto:

> OK, 2 more little things:
>
> brz diff is not coloured. From the documentation, it sounds like brz
> is just calling an external diff program. But, I can't see a config
> option to change the program used for the diff (e.g. to colordiff).
> Is there a setting that I've missed?

brz diff --using /usr/bin/colordiff
You can use alias to creata a shortcut.

> brz rmbranch doesn't seem to work. It always complains that the
> branch is "active". I haven't any clue what an active branch is. But,
> even when I use --force, the command appears to run successfully (no
> output), but nothing happens.

http://doc.bazaar.canonical.com/bzr.dev/en/release-notes/bzr-2.6.html#id10
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bzr/+bug/922953

It removes the branch from the repository, keeping the working tree
intact.
You can check listing the hidden files in the removed branch, .bzr file
is disappeared. The references to the deleted branch are removed from
the repository, too. But it could be less easy to check this.

> The branch is not removed and the directory is still there,
> unchanged.

And it's right. In sense, that it's the default behaviour of bzr/brz
from a lot of years. :)

If you want to remove also the working tree, you have to do by hand.

> Thanks,
> Sam

Bye
Flavio