Breezy 2019 summer sprint report

Jelmer Vernooij jelmer at jelmer.uk
Mon Aug 5 01:26:30 UTC 2019

Hi Sam,

On Sat, Aug 03, 2019 at 06:13:18PM +0100, Sam Bull wrote:
> I just got round to trying out brz, but didn't have much success.
>
> It supports Git repositories natively, right? I can't find any documentation
> about how to use it with Git, only a page listing limitations.
>
> I'm trying to use it with a Bitbucket repo, but using the URL they provide
> directly didn't work. So, I tried prefixing it with git://, which just resulted
> in a timeout after a significant wait. Then I tried prefixing with git+ssh://, which atleast unlocked my SSH key, but then immediately reports an unknown error has occurred.
>
> Testing it on a Mac, in case that matters.
In general, Breezy should work the same way with Git repositories as with
Bazaar repositories. I.e. you'd just run "bzr branch
git://github.com/jelmer/dulwich". Limitations with the Git supported in Breezy are documented here:
https://breezy-vcs.org/doc/en/user-guide/git_limitations.html?highlight=git

Do you have an example BitBucket URL that doesn't work for you, so I can test it here?

I don't believe we have actually tested Breezy on Mac OS X, though I'm not
aware of any changes that we made since the Bazaar released that would break
Mac OS X.

Cheers,

Jelmer