Breezy 3.0.0 released!
jelmer at jelmer.uk
Sun Mar 17 05:24:13 UTC 2019
We're pleased to announce the 3.0.0 release of Breezy.
Breezy is a version control system implemented in Python with support
for multiple repository formats including git, and an emphasis on
The project is a fork of the dormant Bazaar project, and this release is a
culmination of about a year worth of work since the fork. Key changes
from the last release of Bazaar:
* Compatibility with Python 3 (and Python 2.7 still)
* Support for Git repositories
* Built-in support for extra commands previously provided by plugins,
most notably: grep, fastimport/fastexport, bisect, upload, stats, heads
* ~100 smaller bug fixes (https://launchpad.net/brz/+milestone/3.0.0)
For a fuller (but still incomplete) list of changes, see our changelog
You can install Breezy 3.0.0:
* From source, by downloading the tarball from https://launchpad.net/brz/3.0/3.0.0/+download/breezy-3.0.0.tar.gz (GPG signature at https://launchpad.net/brz/3.0/3.0.0/+download/breezy-3.0.0.tar.gz.asc)
* From pip by running "pip install breezy"
* If you're running Debian, straight from Debian unstable
(https://packages.debian.org/sid/brz) or testing
* If you're running Ubuntu, you can install Bionic and Cosmic packages
from the PPA at https://launchpad.net/~brz/+archive/ubuntu/daily
* If you're running FreeBSD, there is a port (see https://www.freshports.org/devel/brz) available.
Upgrading from Bazaar
The Breezy configuration lives in ``~/.config/breezy``, but it will read
``~/.bazaar`` if the former does not exist. Since the API for Breezy is different
than that of Bazaar, any existing plugins will need to be ported manually.
Plugins you have installed in ``~/.bazaar/plugins`` will almost certainly not
Breezy has dropped support for the FTP transport.
The command line tool is named ``brz`` rather than ``bzr`` but can be aliased for
Several of the plugins that were available for Bazaar and that were not merged into Breezy itself have been ported to work with Breezy.
* breezy-debian (based on bzr-builddeb)
* brz-builder (based on bzr-builder)
* brz-loom (based on bzr-loom)
* qbrz (based on qbzr)
Please report any bugs on Launchpad (https://bugs.launchpad.net/brz/+filebug).
You can also reach us here on the Bazaar mailing list and on the #bzr IRC channel on Freenode <https://www.freenode.net/.
-- Martin, Vincent and Jelmer
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 833 bytes
Desc: not available
More information about the bazaar