bzr/brz & integration with git(hub)

Gour gour at atmarama.com
Fri Jan 12 09:55:12 UTC 2018

On Fri, 12 Jan 2018 10:25:56 +0800
Jelmer Vernooij <jelmer at jelmer.uk> wrote:

Hello Jelmer,

> What Martin means when he says "using the git format locally" is that
> rather than focus on a two way bridge, we want Breezy to support the
> git format natively. This means that e.g. 'brz clone
> git://github.com/foo/bar' creates the same bytes on disk (with a .git
> directory) as 'git clone git://github.com/foo/bar'.

Dreamware?

I suppose this is meant after 3.0 release, right?

> The problem with creating a native bazaar repository locally and
> pushing from there to a remote git repository is that every
> interaction between to different formats is inherently slow because
> it requires converting data from one format to the other.

Yeah, that's clear there must me trade-off while working with the two
system.

> We'd still allow pushing from a native bzr repo into a git one and
> vice versa, but this should be an uncommon situation.

Great!

Sincerely,
Gour

--
What is night for all beings is the time of awakening
for the self-controlled; and the time of awakening for

--
It is far better to discharge one's prescribed duties, even though
faultily, than another's duties perfectly. Destruction in the course