Plans for Bazaar

Aaron Bentley aaron at aaronbentley.com
Fri May 26 12:33:16 UTC 2017

On 2017-05-26 08:20 AM, Brendan Simon (eTRIX) wrote:
> On 26/5/17 10:00 pm, bazaar-request at lists.canonical.com wrote:
> I know it's just a name, but I can't say that Breezy really rocks.
> Having said that I can't think of anything better.  BNG (Bazaar next
> gen) is easier to type :)  BaNG perhaps?  Just throwing it out there.

Fun fact: the current Bazaar is already "Next Generation".  The original
Bazaar was a "Friendly fork" of Gnu Arch, now called "Baz".

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GNU_Bazaar#History

Since the current Bazaar was originally called Bazaar-NG, calling
something else "Next Gen" could cause confusion.

Aaron