Building homebrew bzr packages on OS X

Vincent Ladeuil v.ladeuil+lp at free.fr
Tue Feb 9 15:22:40 UTC 2016

    > Hey everyone, I’m working on preparing homebrew packages to make installing
    > and upgrading bzr on OS X easy (http://brew.sh). Now that 2.7 is stable, I’m
    > working on getting an updated package into the main package repository.

    > I’m also working on packaging bzr plugins as well. In some cases, these
    > plugins are easy to install manually, but in cases where there are
    > dependencies (especially qbzr), installing on OS X can be difficult without
    > a package manager. I have packages for:

    > bzr-bisect
    > bzr-difftools
    > bzr-explorer
    > bzr-extmerge
    > bzr-fastimport
    > bzr-git
    > bzr-xmloutput
    > bzrtools
    > qbzr

    > One of the issues that I’m having with packages is that homebrew needs
    > tarball release files. The other issue is it’s not clear which plugins are
    > maintained and still widely useful. Do we have an idea which plugins are
    > still viable?

Well, releases are the way for plugin maintainers do give a definitive
answer for that ;)

But that's also based on installer builders feedback,

    > Is it possible to create tarball releases for them?

Yes, if you can tell us which branches/versions you have tested for each of them,
I can arrange to build tarballs.

In doubt, I would focus on qbzr, bzr-explorer (unless some of the others
are dependencies for them).

https://bazaar.launchpad.net/~bzr-mac/bzr-mac-installers/trunk/view/head:/config.py
is used to define where to get the various bits for the osx installer.

That may need to be updated but https://launchpad.net/bzr-mac-installers
is the best starting point for bzr/osx.

   Vincent