Most Bazaar repo's out of date when I try and clone

Barry Warsaw barry at python.org
Tue Nov 17 18:09:24 UTC 2015

On Nov 17, 2015, at 12:28 PM, David Gilhooley wrote:

><https://code.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/org-mode>. Running the following

Note the +source.

>command
>
>  bzr branch lp:ubuntu/wily/org-mode
>
>gives me a
>
>  Packaging branch status: OUT-OF-DATE
>
>and trying to download the version for vivid gives

This is a problem with the source package importer on Launchpad, not a problem
with Bazaar in general.

Essentially the UDD importer on Launchpad is completely hosed.  Since Xenial
opened, I think it's sadly no longer feasible to use for *any* source package
branches.

What I do these days is `apt-get source` the package and then use `gbp
import-dsc` to get a nice git-based repo to work on.  You can use chdist if
you need to work on the source for Ubuntu (or Debian) versions other than the
one you are running.

Cheers,
-Barry