Problem exporting to git

Frits Jalvingh jal at etc.to
Tue Mar 4 20:05:13 UTC 2014

> Indeed, there aren't any current tools that do such things,
> unfortunately.

At the risk of sounding cynical, so far no tool even succeeds at exporting
anything /at all/ from my repository, a 100% failure rate - which is scary.
That's worse than "losing" information that the target system cannot hold
anyway: it is losing all history. I think retaining things like renames
etc. in commits might be useful for roundtripping tasks, but for one-shot
migration they are not useful - considering that after the move the "new"
vcs does not support the data anyway...