RFA: setuptoolsbzr

Barry Warsaw barry at canonical.com
Sun Nov 24 22:53:14 UTC 2013

A long while ago I wrote setuptoolsbzr as a distribute/setuptools plugin for
finding files under the bzr vcs.  After a while I found that for me, using a
vcs plugin for setuptools was more trouble than it was worth, so I've since
switched back to manual MANIFEST.in files.  Thus I no longer have interest in
maintaining this package.

This recent bug has brought it back on my radar.

https://bugs.launchpad.net/setuptoolsbzr/+bug/1254288

but I am unmotivated to fix it and release a new version.  If someone wants to
adopt the package, I'm happy to transfer control over the Launchpad and PyPI
entries to you, or to a team if more than one person wants to adopt the
package.  I ask only that you keep my name in the attributions, but of course
you are welcome to add your own copyright notices to the file.

Please contact me if you want to adopt it.

Cheers,
-Barry