Latest bazaar release

Tom Browder tom.browder at gmail.com
Thu Aug 8 11:05:07 UTC 2013

On Wed, Aug 7, 2013 at 11:21 PM, Mark A. Flacy <mflacy at verizon.net> wrote:
> On Wednesday, August 07, 2013 11:39:22 PM Stefan Monnier wrote:
> Well, a couple of disjoint things:
> 1) IBM Clearcase UCM's version of 'bzr status' (cleartool lsact -long) gives
> you paths based upon the view's root directory, versus relative to wherever
> you happen to be in the view. Mercurial's status command (at least in
> version 2.2.2, which I happen to have installed) gives status based on the
> project root. 'git status' also acts the same way.

Not the git I use (1.8.3.2).  I'm two levels deep in my repo:

  $ git status
#	../run.txt
#	../tape1conv.log
#	tape1conv.log
nothing added to commit but untracked files present (use "git add" to track)

That's what I like: file lists relative to my view (pwd)!

But I agree that I can alias any required switch to get what I
want--if it's available, of course.

> Changing the default is going to break almost all scripts that are out
> there, IMO. Those that do the equivalent of the bash idiom...
>
> {
>
> cd $( bzr root )
>
> # run whatever status manipulating commands that you want which assume
>
> # that your CWD is the project root
>
> }
>
> ...won't notice the change. It seems unlikely to me that many people would
> write their scripts in such a fashion.

Have you access to a survey indicating that?

Best,

-Tom