[ANN] bzr-2.6.0 has been frozen !

Vincent Ladeuil v.ladeuil+lp at free.fr
Tue Jul 30 09:58:47 UTC 2013

    > On Sat, Jul 27, 2013 at 6:33 AM, Vincent Ladeuil <v.ladeuil+lp at free.fr> wrote:
    >> Rumors of bzr death have been vastly exaggerated ;)

    > Hear, hear!  I am willing to spend time ensuring this remains a baseless rumour.

\o/

    >> As a former bzr Release Manager, I've been a bit annoyed that we
    >> couldn't do releases for so long and managed to find a bit of free time.
    >>
    >> So, here comes 2.6.0 !

    > Thank you Vincent for stepping up and getting the job done!  That
    > required some knowledge I don't yet possess.

Feel free to ask and I'll do my best to answer.

    > I notice that John Meinel merged some great fixes into 2.4 and 2.5.
    > What would be involved in making quality of life releases for those
    > users still using 2.4.x and 2.5.x?

Well, we've always focused on the stable series which is now 2.6.

Older stable series are/were maintained for Ubuntu only via SRUs.

2.4 was targeted at Oneiric which is now EOL so I we don't need a new
2.4.x release (the 2.4.2 review stalled anyway).

The SRU process for bzr is documented at
http://wiki.bazaar.canonical.com/UbuntuStableReleaseUpdates but is quite
out-of-date.

I don't have time myself to work on that.

I'd rather try to update the stable ppa when time permits unless someone
more knowledgeable than me does it.

  Vincent