Releasing 2.6 [Was: bzr-hookless-email doesn't work with bzr 2.6]

Brian de Alwis briandealwis at gmail.com
Mon May 27 13:44:06 UTC 2013

On 24-May-2013, at 7:45 AM, John Meinel <john at arbash-meinel.com> wrote:
> However, after many rounds if "sure, we'll do it," but not actually managing to coordinate it, I'm looking to just do a release. I want to land the connection-reset patch I have for 2.4, and then do snapshot releases of 2.4,5,6b4. And then hopefully no changes for a 2.6.0-final release.
> Hopefully we can poke Jelmer one more time to get 2.6.0 into Debian.

I have a fix for bugs 1100385 ("rebase fails due to InconsistentDelta error") that seems to be the same as bug 855155 ("InconsistentDelta error when using bzr update").  I've been running the patch for months with no issue (and I often trigger the bug on unpatched installs).  I tried to turn the recipe in a comment 25 on 855155 into a test, but got bogged down, but will try again.

    https://bugs.launchpad.net/bzr/+bug/1100385
    https://bugs.launchpad.net/bzr/+bug/855155

Test recipe: https://bugs.launchpad.net/bzr/+bug/855155/comments/26

Brian.