Common ancestor in a repository?

ckalisiak at attotech.com ckalisiak at attotech.com
Thu Mar 28 16:48:16 UTC 2013

Hello,

   Thanks to the assistance of John Arbash Meinel, we have been able to
identify how we should
be dealing with point fixes and code sharing between branches.

   The next step is how to determine programmatically the greatest common
ancestor of a number
of branches in a respository.

   I'm aware of "find-merge-base", which is a good start, but it only
operates on two branches at a
time, and its output is only useful as the input to another command (e.g.
bzr log). I'm also aware of
"ancestry" and "graph-ancestry", which provides more detail of the history
of a particular branch.

   Does there exist a mechanism for graphing the merge history of all
branches contained in a
repository?

Thanks,
Chris