Free Bazaar hosting for private projects/repos

David Muir davidkmuir at gmail.com
Mon Sep 3 05:12:04 UTC 2012

On 03/09/12 14:18, Secretary (eTRIX) wrote:
> In my search for free hosting for Bazaar private repos, I came across
> Redmine and hostedredmine.com.
>
> Redmine looks quite good, (similar to Trac but with more features).
>
>   * supports the usual VCSes (Subversion, Git, Mercurial, _even_
>     Bazaar!, CVS, Darcs).
>   * forums, gantt, wiki, feeds, ldap, multiple projects, ...
>
> http://www.redmine.org
> http://www.redmine.org/projects/redmine/wiki
>
> It's a pity it's written in Ruby On Rails but that's just my python
> bias, which of course isn't that relevant when considering a hosted
> application.
>
> hostedredmine provides free redmine hosting for private and public
> projects :)
>
> So my question: Has anyone had any experience using Redmine and/or
> hostedredmine with Bazaar (or bzr-git) ??
>
> Thanks, Brendan.

I've used it with Bazaar. It has worked reasonably well, but it is only
aware of one branch. You can now link multiple "repositories" to a
single project, so you could in theory do one per branch, but it would
be tedious to set up. There's been some work to get it to work with
multiple branches by doing a scan of the file tree, but it hasn't been
merged to trunk. I'm also not sure if that's the best way of going about
it. Once colocation becomes first class in bzr, then I'd imagine it
being a fair bit easier to fix Redmine to work with multiple branches in
a much cleaner way.

As for running it on a hosted platform, I don't know how easy it would
be to get that working with Bazaar. I've always hosted it myself.

Cheers,
David