When shall we remove hardy packages from the main ~bzr ppa?

Max Bowsher _ at maxb.eu
Wed Jul 18 18:00:48 UTC 2012

When shall we remove hardy packages from the main ~bzr ppa?

Hardy has passed its desktop EOL date, and has less than a year to its
complete EOL date. In practice, we stopped packaging anything new for
hardy in the PPA over 8 months ago.

I propose now is the time to move the hardy packages out of the main PPA
into https://launchpad.net/~bzr/+archive/obsolete .

This will explicitly signal that we no longer consider hardy supported
by the PPA, and as a handy bonus, make it simpler to review the status
of what does need an update in the main PPA, since there will no longer
be packages there which we have no intention of updating.

Max.