Storage internals: UUID

Gour gour at atmarama.net
Thu Jun 14 11:58:24 UTC 2012

On Thu, 14 Jun 2012 12:44:56 +0200
"Daniel Carrera" <dcarrera at hush.com> wrote:

> "Both"

:-)

> I am starting to use it for personal code so I can learn about it.

OK.

> After I gain some experience I will be able to judge bzr's merits
> from a position of knowledge. I just finished an 18 month project
> which I did with Hg. I like hg but would like to gain experience with
> the third major DVCS.

Does it mean you used git as well?

I'm interested to hear your experience with bzr vs hg, 'cause I did use
hg for some time, but consider bzr might be easier to grok for
potential contributors to our projects.

Otherwise, my own personal projects are in Fossil, but do I miss some
features and plan to move to bzr.

> Looking further down the road, in a while I'm going to start coding
> for an academic software package that currently uses SVN. Discussions
> with my supervisor (who is one of the developers) have led me to
> think that they would solve some of their problems if they switched
> to a DVCS.

Fortunately, I only played with CVS for a very short time and then
skipped SVN jumping directly to DVCS bandwagon (darcs).

Sincerely,
Gour

--
The humble sages, by virtue of true knowledge, see with equal
vision a learned and gentle brāhmana, a cow, an elephant, a dog