Fetching a newly created branch via bzr-git

Gordon Tyler gordon at doxxx.net
Fri Apr 27 14:09:16 UTC 2012

On Fri, Apr 27, 2012 at 9:49 AM, Jelmer Vernooij <jelmer at samba.org> wrote:

> Sure, but we can't simply import the HEAD branch to master.  Ideally
> symbolic refs would be imported as branch references in bzr, but
> bzr-git doesn't support that. Patches to that extend welcome. :)

I think the point I'm trying to make is that HEAD is a special case. It's
not actually a separate branch in the repo. If it's a symref, then AFAIK
all that means is that the default branch for that repo is what it's
pointing to. If I understand the way Git works, normally there should never
be a separate branch called HEAD/default. It should be used to make one of
the existing branches the default in the bzr repo.

If I'm misunderstanding something, I would appreciate a correction. :)

Ciao,
Gordon