Release testing and the relationship between 'bzr selftest' and plugins

Vincent Ladeuil vila+bzr at canonical.com
Fri Mar 16 09:55:00 UTC 2012

Still on this subject but from a slightly different pov, you maintain a
set of recipes to build bzr and various plugins in the daily PPA.

Since they all run the tests can you give some feedback about:

- whether this is a good way to catch regressions,

- what kind of errors do you encounter and fix from them,

- how you proceed to filter out and extract the significant bits from
  the lp mails.

I confess I rarely drill down enough to understand why some build fails
or not nor can I understand (from the mail subjects only) whether a
failed build has been fixed...

Thanks in advance for your feedback there,

       Vincent