[ANN] bzr 2.5.0 released

David Ingamells david.ingamells at mapscape.eu
Fri Mar 9 07:09:49 UTC 2012

On 08/03/12 13:22, Vincent Ladeuil wrote:
> On behalf of the Bazaar team and community, I'm happy to announce
> availability of a new release of the bzr adaptive version control
> system.
>
> Bazaar<http://bazaar.canonical.com/>  is a Canonical project and part of
> the GNU project<http://gnu.org/>  to produce a free operating system.
>
> Thanks to everyone who contributed patches, suggestions, and feedback.
>
> Bazaar is now available for download from
> https://launchpad.net/bzr/2.5/2.5.0 as a source tarball.
>
> Installers are available for windows and OSX from the url above too.
>
> This release marks the start of a new long-term-stable series. From here, we
> will only make bugfix releases on the 2.5 series (2.5.1, etc, and support it
> until April 2017), while 2.6 will become our new development series.
>
> This is a bugfix and polish release over the 2.4 series, with a large number
> of bugs fixed (~170 for the 2.5 series alone). The 2.5 series provides a
> faster smart protocol implementation for many operations, basic support for
> colocated branches. We have started translating bzr with the 2.5 series:
> https://translations.launchpad.net/bzr, more than 20 languages have already
> been registered but these are the early days, contributions welcome.
>
> Only a few bugfixes have been included since 2.5b6 so all known fixed bugs
> are included here.
>
> Users are encouraged to upgrade from the other stable series.
>
> See
> http://doc.bazaar.canonical.com/bzr.dev/en/whats-new/whats-new-in-2.5.html
> for more details,
>
>        Vincent

See my email of 28 March. with your release of 2.5.0 the location is
even more out-of-date!

For your information, the following documentation location is out of date:

http://wiki.bazaar.canonical.com/Documentation#Official_Documentation

The stable and development versions mentioned are not current (today
they are 2.4 and 2.5 respectively) and the HTML online links both point
at the documentation for the 2.5 version.

You may want to consider updating this web page as part of your planned
roll out of the official 2.5 version next week.:-)

--

*David Ingamells * Test Architect *Mapscape *

Henri Wijnmalenweg 5b  | 5657 EP Eindhoven  | The Netherlands
Phone +31 (0)40 7113571  | Fax +31 (0)40 7113599
www.mapscape.eu <http://www.mapscape.eu/>

Mapscape B.V. is ISO9001:2008 certified.
This e-mail and any attachment may contain corporate proprietary
information and may only be read, copied and used by the intended
recipient. If you have received it by mistake, please notify us
immediately by reply e-mail and delete this e-mail and its attachments
from your system. We believe but do not warrant that this message and
any attachments are virus free.
Mapscape B.V. is registered at the Kamer van Koophandel Oost-Brabant
located in Eindhoven, The Netherlands, number 17210210.