[ANN] bzr 2.5.0 released

Vincent Ladeuil vila+bzr at canonical.com
Fri Mar 9 13:46:43 UTC 2012

>>>>> David Ingamells <david.ingamells at mapscape.eu> writes:

<snip/>

    > See my email of 28 March.

I noticed it but couldn't find it back when needed, sorry about that :-/

    > with your release of 2.5.0 the location is even more out-of-date!

Thanks for the renewed heads-up, very much appreciated !

    > For your information, the following documentation location is out of date:

    > http://wiki.bazaar.canonical.com/Documentation#Official_Documentation

Yeah, once I sort out the root cause, I will update the wiki to just
point to doc.bazaar.canonical.com, no need to duplicate information
(especially when it's bogus ;).

... time passed...

The root issue was pretty obscure, in fact, forcing the building failed
first on a TeX error that required input (not ideal for a cron job). But
just hitting return a few times allowed the job to complete...

Trying to reproduce the issue for a better diagnosis, the error vanished
at my second or third try and I've not been able to reproduce it since.

Anyway, docs for all series seem to be processed normally now (fingers
crossed).

    > The stable and development versions mentioned are not current
    > (today they are 2.4 and 2.5 respectively) and the HTML online
    > links both point at the documentation for the 2.5 version.

Well, the stable is 2.5 and the dev is 2.6 even ;)

    > You may want to consider updating this web page as part of your
    > planned roll out of the official 2.5 version next week.:-)

Yup, I've put the related info into our 'releasing.txt' document (and
then some), thanks again for pointing out the issue.

        Vincent