Out of Memory a bridge too far

Chris Hecker checker at d6.com
Sat Nov 12 22:46:14 UTC 2011

>> What I am actually looking for (I believe) is something along the
>> lines of the new largefile support in Mercurial.
> Yes, we are interested in both helping you write it, and in getting
> it merged in to core.

My fear about doing a hacky "external largefile solution" like in hg is
that it will be "good enough" and relieve any pressure to solve the real
problem, but it's really a quite crappy solution to the actual problem.
 Solving it the right way seems like it would be only a little more work
(once you take into account testing and everything over the lifetime),
yet it would set bzr up to be a real "dvcs 2.0" project, leaving the
hacks behind.

Of course, I ranted about this before on this list, and since I don't
have time to do it myself, I guess it's just a bunch of hot air right now.

Chris